Dover Squash and Racketball Club
We are a friendly squash club based at Dover Leisure Centre in Kent, we welcome all levels of player, come and join us!
View photos from our Events and awards nights
View the rules for our internal competitions
Membership forms out in the post for the 2016-2017 season. Also available on the board at the sport centre or download from the website. Various combinations to play this year so why not mix and match your squash and racketball games
FANTASTIC OFFER FOR NEW MEMBERS 60% OFF!!!
New Members only ï¿½10.
Looking to start playing squash or racketball? We have a fantastic new offer for all new members. If you're just starting out or would like to take your game further, get in contact.
We play out of Dover Sports Centre and have squash and racketball leagues for all abilities. Racketball is a game similar to squash which is also ideal for beginners or people who find squash too demanding.
We run internal leagues (at least 3 matches a month), internal competitions and regular club nights. We also organise trips to national competitions.
For more information, get in contact(Gloria Riley on 07979553280) or just turn up to one of our club nights, as advertised on this page.
Minutes of the AGM July 4th 2016
Minutes of the 2016 AGM
Monday July 4th, 6.15pm
1. Apologies for absence – were received from Tommy Meadows and Paul Bowes, Jim Goodwin and Ian Richardson
2. Approval of the 2015 minutes – proposed Keith Searle and Simon Porter, agreed
3. Matters arising – there were no matters arising
4. Committee Reports:
Chairman – see separate report. Proposed Simon Porter and Steve Marsh
Treasurer’s report – proposed Simon Porter seconded Alan Harris Report available
Club Captain – club night had been success with an average of 12 players turning up on a Monday. The club had paid a small amount to subsidise the cost. It was agreed to finish club nights at the end of June and resume at the beginning of September
Competitions – Squash finals were excellent and Cullens Yard put on an impressive buffet for the presentation. The Handicap Racketball final also produced some excellent play and we look forward to the Plate and Racketball Final tonight after the AGM. Jim had informed the meeting that he would not be joining the Club next year and therefore would be relinquishing his position as person in charge of Squash competitions. The Honours Board will also need to be updated this year and a volunteer would be sought.
Leagues – the Club are aware of the decline in squash numbers and Gloria will meet with Ian to look at strategies to improve numbers
5. Election of officers – Alf and Simon will sit on the committee as organiser of the Racketball competitions. Keith will sit as Publicity officer. Gloria remains as Chairman, Treasurer and Racketball Leagues, Jon as Club Captain and Club Night organiser and Ian in charge of Squash Leagues proposed Steve Marsh, seconded Alan Harris. Agreed
6. To consider any proposals submitted by members in agreement with the constitution.
• Membership fees to stay the same for 2016-17
• Club members can enter Squash and Racketball leagues and competitions, just leagues or just enter competitions if they so wish
• Free membership for the Chairman's and President's prize is to be stopped but names will go onto the Honours Board
• Club Night is to stop during August
All proposed were accepted with the decision to stop Club night during July as well as August also agreed
7. Any Other Business – Jon and Gloria are to invite local clubs to Dover with the intention of forming a Racketball League based on a similar format to the Outer Kent Leagues but without food.
Continued effort is required to secure Squash Courts in the new leisure centre
Gloria is to attend the District’s Public Consultation meeting regarding the new sports centre on July 19th
The meeting finished at 7.00pm
July 5th 2016
Members have access to the Locker Room, and can view their club league and arrange matches with other members in their league.
Join! Full membership benefits, joining info and application form
Courts 1, 2 and 3
Cost £4 per Monday
Please contact Jon Waller on 07766 068100 for further details.
Other clubs and organisations
View other sports clubs and associations
Advertise with Dover Squash and Racketball Club